Corporate sponsorship – Is it good or bad for road safety?
Submission Date: 2005
Council based road safety officers rely on various sources of funds to conduct road safety programs and campaigns. Sources include grants from federal and state government, professional bodies, and interest groups or from sponsorship.
This paper examines the issue of corporate sponsorship and its impact on community based road safety activities. Issues covered include:
- Survey results ? what road safety officers think about sponsorship.
- The pros and cons of sponsorship ? is it good for your campaign?
- Attracting sponsorship ? (marketing) from approach to feedback.
- Making friends with the media ? generate publicity to enhance your campaign.
- Funding ? the importance of budgeting for road safety activities.