Chief Executive Officer
The Australasian College of Road Safety (ACRS) is the region’s peak membership association for road safety professionals, advocates, and members of the public who are focused on saving lives and serious injuries on our roads. Our Vision is the elimination of fatal and serious injury on the road.
The Australasian College of Road Safety (ACRS) continues to achieve considerable success in recent years in pursuing road safety reform and is highly regarded as an influential and important organisation. ACRS is now seeking a seasoned leader who is influential, and enthusiastic about road safety to guide the organisation as we build on these successes.
Reporting to the Executive Committee, the CEO is responsible for the management of the College’s day to day affairs in achieving the College’s objectives. Under the guidance of the Executive Committee, the CEO will assist in the development of College road safety policies and will conduct substantial communication and advocacy programs.
As a membership organisation, sound financial management, business development and building sustainable income streams are vital responsibilities. The CEO will develop strategies to ensure the College remains a successful, financially viable and effective organisation.
The Successful Candidate will:
- be an experienced leader, influential, and enthusiastic about road safety and the role the ACRS plays;
- be a strategic thinker with high level communication and relationship management skills, have excellent judgement, good business acumen and an entrepreneurial outlook;
- have a demonstrated capacity to work with and influence policy makers and senior executives in all levels of Government and the private sector;
- have a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- be able to work productively with a wide range of volunteers, from leaders in their field to early stage professionals;
- be Canberra based, able to lead a small team with energy and empathy in a not-for-profit environment, and can think and operate locally and globally;
- be a focussed individual, with discipline, a considered sense of urgency, a good team player and willingness to be innovative; and
- have a tertiary degree in a relevant field.
The Position Description including the full Candidate Profile is available at: http://archive.acrs.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/ACRS-CEO-Job-Description-F2021.pdf
Please include a covering letter (no more than 3 pages) addressing the Candidate Profile included in the Position Description; and curriculum vitae.
Applications (marked confidential) should be submitted by email to: Mr Martin Small, President, ACRS, email@example.com
Applications close: 16 February 2021